Turkey and Dumplings

I made a this a while ago with our turkey leftovers. It was so nice and comforting. I just did a basic creamy turkey soup, and used the biscuit recipe from here. For my soup, I started with olive oil and cooked an onion, a few carrots, a couple stocks of celery, some minced garlic, fresh thyme, sage, and salt and pepper until they were slightly cooked through. I added a little more olive oil and sprinkled some flour in. I cooked a stirred for a couple minutes and added a can of chicken broth, and some milk. I also added a little more chicken flavoring. You can adjust the liquids to your liking. I let it come back to a boil and simmer to cook the vegetables through, sirring occasionally. Sometimes, if it's not as thick as I like, I add a little cornstarch water mixture to it. I suppose I should actually measure one of these times to get the roux just right to make the soup as thick as I want. Anyway, I then added the leftover turkey and I continued with the dumplings just like above recipe says. I sprinkled a little cheese for fun and it was a very nice warm meal. I think this is the first time I have made a dumpling entree. I have made fruit and dumpling desserts before, but never for the main course. I think it will be on our winter list of menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

amazing, creativity, girls, humor,games Headline Animator

texts of songs, lyrics,video youtube,Best Song Lyrics Headline Animator

amazing nature Headline Animator

NATURAL COSMETICS Headline Animator

HEALTHY DIET Headline Animator

MESSAGES IN PICTURES Headline Animator