Tuna Casserole


There is actually a funny story about this meal. We had just gotten home from our cruise and wanted something really simple and quick. We were so used to eating rich meals constantly on the cruise so we were pretty hungry. We had hardly anything in the fridge so I was lucky to have the ingredients for anything. I like to think that I could go into anyone's kitchen and no matter how few ingredients they have in the cupboards, I can make a decent meal. This is what I made in a pinch.

It is super simple so I understand if you are not impressed. Here is the recipe

2 cans White Albacore Tuna in water (I know it's more expensive, but it's worth it.)
About 1/2 c sour cream. I didn't really measure.
About 1/2 c low fat Mayo. Same as above. I just added until I liked the texture.
About 1/4 c bread crumbs.
Shredded cheese
Any kind of pasta, cooked. I used the colorful curly ones.
Salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash to taste
Marinated red peppers (optional)

Mix the Tuna, sour cream, cheese, bread crumbs, mayo, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, and pasta in a
bowl. Spread into a baking dish and top with marinated peppers, more bread crumbs, and more cheese. Bake at 375 until it is warmed through.

Of course you can really dress this meal up, but again, we didn't have ANY fresh groceries due to all the traveling, so that fact that we ate that night was pretty impressive. The leftovers we good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

amazing, creativity, girls, humor,games Headline Animator

texts of songs, lyrics,video youtube,Best Song Lyrics Headline Animator

amazing nature Headline Animator

NATURAL COSMETICS Headline Animator

HEALTHY DIET Headline Animator

MESSAGES IN PICTURES Headline Animator