Turkey and Basil Stuffed Tomatoes






I had recently seen someone make stuffed tomatoes on TV, so the huge tomatoes at the store were calling my name. I made my own rendition that tasted very fresh, healthy, and perfect for a spring meal. Easy too.


You'll need:
Big, not quite ripe tomatoes with pulp scooped out and reserved

ground turkey, browned with:
onion
garlic
s & p

Combined in a bowl with:
Mrs. Dash
tomato pulp strained and chopped
olive oil
cooked rice
fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh basil chopped, and while leaves
cheese, preferably mozzarellaparm, or an Italian blend
(Amounts of everything is determined by how many tomatoes you are filling. I'm sorry but I can't remember any amounts. Just experiment for yourself)

Heat oven to 375

Salt and pepper the inside of the tomatoes and set aside, upside down on a paper towel while you prepare the filling. Brown the meat with above said ingredients. Combine in a mixing bowl with remaining ingredients. Save the basil leaves, and cheese. Scoop the filling into the tomatoes, packing it slightly to fit as much as you can. Place them in a greased baking dish. Spoon any extra filling around the tomatoes. Place a whole basil leaf and a sprinkling of cheese, and top with the lid of the tomato. Bake for 20 minutes. Tomatoes should be juice and tender. Wait about 5 minutes and serve. This is the dinner I made for this occasion. I have made a different version of this. I'll post it soon.We really like this in our regular menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

amazing, creativity, girls, humor,games Headline Animator

texts of songs, lyrics,video youtube,Best Song Lyrics Headline Animator

amazing nature Headline Animator

NATURAL COSMETICS Headline Animator

HEALTHY DIET Headline Animator

MESSAGES IN PICTURES Headline Animator