Steak and Eggs


Whoa. I didn't know I'd like this so much. I hear of people ordering it at local diners, or whatever, and it always seemed like the two just didn't go together for me. I was wrong. I bought some steaks for fun (not a very regular occurrence), and decided to make an easy and different meal with them than the regular old meat and potatoes. With breakfast food being one of my favorites, this really does it for me.(Adjust amounts to the number of people you are cooking for. This is for two.)

Cook 2 slices of bacon in a skillet. Remove bacon from pan and drain most of the drippings. With the skillet still hot with reserved dripping, cook 2-3 cubed potatoes, about 1/2 c sliced onion, and cook until the potatoes are tender and golden brown. Salt and pepper both sides of a 10-12 0z. steak. Place in another hot skillet until done to your liking, turning when necessary. (I would've liked ours a little more rare, but I got carried away with something. I think I went about 1 minute over time. It was still juicy and tender.) Remove from heat and let the steak rest, covered with foil until everything else is ready. Fry a couple eggs to desired stage (nice and soft for me) and now you are ready to assemble. Slice the steak in strips against the grain, and place on a plate. Pile on the potatoes/onions, egg, them crumble the bacon over the whole thing. When the steak rests, a lot of yummy juice will accumulate. Pour that all over the tower. I had some pesto sauce in the fridge, and I added a little of that on top for the nice herbs flavors. I hope, actually, I know you'll enjoy it as much as I did. KC said the leftovers for lunch the next day were something for his co-workers to be jealous of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

amazing, creativity, girls, humor,games Headline Animator

texts of songs, lyrics,video youtube,Best Song Lyrics Headline Animator

amazing nature Headline Animator

NATURAL COSMETICS Headline Animator

HEALTHY DIET Headline Animator

MESSAGES IN PICTURES Headline Animator