red wine carbonara

Yet another carbonara. I wanted to have some girls over for lunch so I made this. I really like this version.
Start pasta cooking. Cut the turkey bacon into strips and brown in olive oil until crisp. Remove from pan, leaving the oil. Brown an onion in the skillet. When they are nice and cooked and becoming caramelized, add a couple cloves of mince garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add cooked, drained pasta (I used red wine fetuccine) to onion and garlic and stir to combine. Take off the heat and add 2 eggs (I had yolks leftover from baking so that's what I used. It was pretty rich.) Stir until the heat from the pan cooks the egg. Add parsley and parmesean. It was a little thick so I also added a little milk and put back on the heat for a minute or two just to let everything combine. Top with cooked bacon. Not the exact and proper way to make carbonara, but it worked and was delicious.

One of these days I want to start making my own pasta. I will someday get the attachment that goes with my KitchenAid, but I'm happy with good quality store bough brands until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

amazing, creativity, girls, humor,games Headline Animator

texts of songs, lyrics,video youtube,Best Song Lyrics Headline Animator

amazing nature Headline Animator

NATURAL COSMETICS Headline Animator

HEALTHY DIET Headline Animator

MESSAGES IN PICTURES Headline Animator